Why?Many professionals, despite their skills and experience, can feel daunted by working with Eating Disorders and other eating and body image issues. And practitioners working in the field may not have the time to keep up with relevant and helpful emerging research. So if you're working with people with these issues, you'll know the value of specialist knowledge for navigating this territory successfully.
Through one-on-one consultations and through quality training, you'll be able to support your clients more effectively through the process of making changes.
What's on offer?Freedom with Food offers training and consultation for professionals working with clients who have eating and body image issues.The next open access event will be a half day introductory workshop held on Saturday 20th March 2021.
Training events are designed to be appropriate for every level: those new to these issues, as well as those wanting to refresh, update, or extend their knowledge (see details of forthcoming events for any exceptions). A range of formats are available, including presentations, workshops, and longer courses. In-house events can also be designed, to meet the training needs of your team. All training is based on the latest research as well as clinical experience.
Training events currently take place in Aotearoa New Zealand. To be kept informed when online courses become available, just send us an email.
Consultation is short-term specialist supervision on eating and body image issues. It can involve a one-off session or a series of sessions. All sessions take place in Wellington. For more information about this, or to be kept informed when online consultation becomes available, just send us an email.
Training events in 2021 include:-
- Eating Disorders and other eating issues: the fundamentals
- Eating disorders, and other eating and body image issues: an introduction
- Restricting: working with clients who restrict their food intake (including those with Anorexia Nervosa and Avoidant Restrictive Food Intake Disorder)
- 'Purging': working with clients who use compensatory strategies (including those with Bulimia Nervosa)
- Binge-eating: working with clients who eat compulsively (including those with Binge-Eating Disorder)
- Working with female clients with body image issues
For more information or to book a place, you are invited to make contact.
To stay informed about other forthcoming courses you are invited to sign up for email updates.
Who is it for?Freedom with Food training services are available for:-
- Mental health professionals, including counsellors, clinical psychologists, psychotherapists, social workers, mental health nurses, art therapists, music therapists
- Other health professionals, including nurses, doctors, dieticians, physiotherapists
- Professionals in other relevant disciplines, such as occupational therapists, complementary health practitioners, and others
- Multidisciplinary teams